Quick Guide to Energy Supplements
Food is an important part of training regardless of your sport. We carry an array of nutrition products to help hydrate and energize you throughout your workout, and recover afterwards.
Also check out our nutrition tips page.
Below is some basic ingredient and nutrition information on some of the products we carry. This page is work in progress, we will be adding to it as we go!
GU Energy Gel
Provides quick energy in an easily digestable gel. Suggested use: Take 15 minutes before exercise and every 45 minutes during exercise.
Suggested for those running or exercising continuously for 80 minutes or more. Take a GU packet before you feel the onset of the usual "crash," and take with 6-8 oz of water.
- 100 Calories
- 20g Carbs (simple and complex carbs together help speed digestion for quick energy)
- Amino Acids (Combats muscle fatigue and accelerates conversion of carbs to usable energy)
- Electrolytes (40mg Sodium, 40mg Potassium, to prevent cramping and aide muscle function)
- Caffeine (Only in some GU, caffeine acts as a stimulant and lowers perceived effort)
GU Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Gel
Energy gel for the ultra athlete. For those going a very long distance or working at a high intensity for extended period of time.
Suggested for those running or exercising continuously for 2 hours or more. Take before the expected "crash," and make sure to drink water to aide digestion and absorption. Due to the increased amino acids and caffeine, it is recommended that users take half the gel when first using Roctane to avoid any digestive issues.
- 100 Calories
- 21g Carbs (combination of simple and complex carbs helps the body USE more of what is ingested)
- Electrolytes (125mg Sodium, 55mg Potassium)
- Amino Acids (3 x Leucine, Valine, Isoleucine and 10 x Histidine in original GU = fuel source and reduces muscle damage, fatigue, reduces lactic acid in muscles and enhances recovery)
- Caffeine (35 mg. Contains more caffeine than original GU with caffeine)
- Ornithine Alpha-Ketaglutarate (helps block catabolic effects of hormones that cause muscle trauma)
Quick energy in the form of bite-size gummy fruit flavored chews.
The use of the entire packet will fuel a 90 minute-2 hour workout. Take with water.
- 180 calories a pack (2 servings)
- Contains carbs, amino acids, antioxidants, electrolytes, and caffeine in some flavors
Nuun Active Hydration Tablets
Sugar free, lightly flavored tablets that add essential electrolytes into your water to replenish minerals while you rehydrate.
Nuun is recommended for athletes of all levels. Losing minerals through sweat and normal daily routine leaves a large number of people dehydrated and lacking important electrolytes necessary in protecting the body against cramping. Nuun can be consumed before, during and after exercise.
- 8 calories per tablet (12 tablets per container)
- Electrolytes: 360mg Sodium, 100mg Potassium, 25mg Magnesium, 13mg Calcium
- Helps alleviate cramps and helps muscle function
Honey Stinger Waffle
An organic snack for athletes on the go. "Pure natural energy" in the form of a delicious honey or lemon flavored waffle in a single serving package.
Suggested for athletes looking for a quick pre-workout snack or for nutrition to start refueling right afterward.
- 160 calories
- 21g carbohydrates
- 100% organic
Honey Stinger Energy Chews
These organic fruit chews give quick energy derived from all natural ingredients.
An easy, all natural way to keep energy up while exercising. We suggest 5-10 chews during each hour of exercise.
- 160 Calories per package
- Carbs (multiple carb sources for quick energy: glucose, fructose, maltose, sucrose)
- Naturally caffeinated (some flavors are caffeinated naturally by white tea which acts as a stimulant and boosts energy)
- Vitamin C and electrolytes
- Gluten free, dairy free
Sport Beans Energizing Jelly Beans
These energy packed jelly beans are made with the same great taste of regular Jelly Belly jelly beans but they have been redesigned with the athlete's needs in mind.
Suggested 30 minutes before exercise begins and periodically while exercising to help maintain energy levels. Also suggested afterward to help replenish lost electrolytes and vitamins
- 100 calories per package
- 25g Carbs (for quick energy)
- Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium for maintaining fluid balance)
- Vitamins B1, B2 & B3 (These vitamins help burn carbs and fats)
- Vitamin C (Help protect cells and muscles from oxidative damage)
Cytomax Sports Performance Drink Mix
A sport drink mixture that will lower acid levels in muscles during and after training to reduce cramping and burning. It reduces soreness and perceived exertion. It increases the speed of recovery.
Recommended for supplying energy before and during exercise. Begin drinking 15 minutes before exercise and every 15 minutes during the workout.
- 90 Calories
- 22g Carbs (Fuel for quick energy)
- Electrolytes (Sodium 120mg, Potassium 60mg, Calcium 6mg, Magnesium 14mg)
- Alpha-L-Polylactate (A lactate without the acid, which is faster absorbing and reduces acid build up in the muscles. When combined with multiple carbohydrates it provides sustained energy)